Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Malin's post about cricket (to be continued!)

Cricket Camp

On labour weekend, The tawa premier cricket team and I went up to Hawks Bay to play in acricket tournament against premier cricket teams from all over the north island. We played one huge 50 over game one each day which takes normally 8 hours to finish playing. On the first day we played Taradale then Havelock North and finally the team we wanted revenge on; Onslow.

When I arrived at Frimley park in Hastings I was still in my pijamas after the long 5 hour drive, I struggled to walk when Kinal and I were examining the grass wicketand testing whether the ball bounced at all. Later on the rest of the team turned up and we warmed up with a game of touch rugby. Josh our captain won the toss and selected to bat first We got of to a good start and ended up with a great score of 163, I didn't get to bat because I am not a batsmen and therefor I bat last. Then came the time to field Kinal and Josh opened the bowling and restricted the run-rateto a minimum. Then came my turn to bowl, bowling is my specialty I bowled 4 overs got 2 wickets and let them score 7 runs of my bowling.

No comments:

Post a Comment