Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Eden's post about camp




Camp was utterly amazing, that is the only thing that gets close to describing my time at camp. Rm 2 stayed in the cabins first then the tents and last and probably least the bivvys. I bivvyed with Sydney-May and Esme, after dinner some people started to feel sick and had to go to bed unluckily Sydney-May was one of them then we could not do the night line because to many people would be left alone and would miss out so Esme and I had no choice but to say goodnight and get into separate sleeping bags. We both fell asleep very quickly as we were both zonked this did not last too long though, at about 3:30 in the morning a very nervous and scared Esme woke me up and whispered something like "Eden I just saw a possum run past our tent." A local Morepork thought that it would be just about the right time to spark up its creepy song to add to our fear. If I said we weren’t petrified I would be lying because we were scared out of our wits. We could hear scuffling sounds from just outside our bivvy and we shakingly decided to go and find Miss King this turned up to be the worst possible idea and we almost woke up some girls in my class thinking that they were Miss King and so we stumbled back to our bivvy and dove straight back into our sleeping bags and that was the moment we knew we weren't going to get any sleep when we were in this state so we got our books out and started to read the silence only broken when Esme came across a funny paragraph and burst out laughing. In the end I lied and said that it must just be someone must be russling in a sleeping bag and we fell asleep.

So that is one of the of the awesome experiences on camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment